Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo Day 1


If a story is in you, it has got to come out 
- William Faulkner

Like I said I would, today is November 1st and that means it is the beginning of NaNoWriMo. 

I am writing a Young Adult/Fantasy novel by the working title of The Tales of Elysian. I've been holding onto this story for about two years and by hopefully completing NaNoWriMo this year, I will finally have a rough draft of the story. 

To give you a little sneak peak into my novel: 

It was about a 15 year old girl who would rather escape into fantasy, adventure novels than partake in the real world. However, one day while browsing an old bookshop, she is drawn to a unique book by the title of The Tales of Elysian. Unlike any ordinary book, this one holds a secret and through this secret, the girl finds herself transported to the world of Elysian.

That is all I have say for now. 

As of right now, my word count is at: 1,759 words

The goal for the day was 1,666 words, so fortunately I have gone over today's goal. Hopefully I can keep this up to help myself out when I am struggling to get to the word count. 

So that will be all for today. I will see you all tomorrow with the new word count and my progress!

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment