Wednesday, October 29, 2014

NaNoWriMo Survival Kit

The countdown continues as we are three, yes THREE, days away from NaNoWriMo! As this challenge will be taking over the entire month of November, I thought it would be in my best interest to prepare not only for the writing, but also for the whole "I'm barricading myself in my room until I finish this!" situation. The last thing I want to happen is to be distracted by something like lack of food, energy, or warmth. I wanted to tackle these  potential scenarios before they arrive so I can write in the best possible environment. 

So here is a list of what I would considered my Survival Kit:
- Macbook 
- Word processor (Previously, I used Microsoft Word but from watching a few Youtubers, I decided to try out Scrivener)
- A plethora of coffee/tea/chai (hello Starbucks!)
- Notebook and mechanical pencils (for jotting down ideas when I'm not near my macbook or iPad)
- iPad (easy to jot down things as well as useful apps, such as Pandora or Pinterest) 
- Earbuds 
- Playlists: Pandora/YouTube (created story soundtracks with both to help set the tone for my writing)
- Pinterest (created a board focused on my story)
- Chocolate/Sweets (I mean, come on! This should be a given!)
- Flash drive (To back up my story, just in case a disaster strikes)
- Comfy clothes: basic tees, leggings, and oversized cardigans
- Candles (currently burning sweet cinnamon pumpkin from Bath & Body Works)
- Water bottle (necessary to stay hydrated!)
- Snacks (banana chips, wheat thins, almonds, yogurt, granola, etc.)
- Posts-its
- Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com on hand

I will also be taking on the challenge of blogging everyday during November, updating on my word count, my feelings about my writing for the day, as well as other random things. It's going to be interesting how I'm fairing on November 30th. 

Well that's all from me until November 1st. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment