Monday, October 27, 2014

Challenge Accepted!


We are five days away from NaNoWriMo! For those of you who don't know what this is, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It is an annual novel writing project, where the goal is to write 50,000 words between November 1st to November 30th. 

Yes, it's a crazy challenge, but it is doable as each year there are winners. It's not my first year trying. I did attempt it in 2012 but I lost momentum and gave up halfway through. I didn't participate last year as work and school were preoccupying my life but this year I have made the time and I am really excited about my story. It's a story that I have been trying to write for over two years and I'm hoping during NaNoWriMo, I will be able to complete a rough draft of it.

I'm trying to set myself up for success by prepping before November 1st. By prepping, I mean outlining my story, creating character profiles, and world profiles. I've also been reading blog posts and watching YouTube videos on NaNoWriMo prep.

I'll be posting later this week about my survival kit I'm making for the month as NaNoWriMo will be taking over my November. But for now, I will leave some links for those interested in doing it and/or those who want to check out the prep videos and blog posts I would recommend.

Ciao!


Blogs




WriteWorld (I recommend the whole site! Just check it out for plot and character development, inspiration, and what not)


Vlogs



How I Outline! [3 Acts: 9 Blocks: 27 Chapters] ---> This is the outline template I'm currently using!



No comments:

Post a Comment